When sellers wish to sell their property, they often post their property on the internet.
But does that guarantee sale?
It is not uncommon that despite choosing popular portals, properties remain unsold.
It must be understood that despite the high visitor count and advertisement reach beyond boundaries, there are situations in which the property does not attract buyers. Why is it so? It is because the property advertisers missed out on few basic yet important tips.
In this article we are going to list down those important tips that can come handy to achieve property sale online.
Tips to sell your property at plains online
Professional Property Description
- This is one of the major components of online property listings and it must be professional.
- It must be complete without missing USPs (Unique Selling Points) of a property.
- It must not contain any grammatical errors to create a good impression on the potential buyers since ‘First impression is the best impression’
- A typical description should not only contain the BHK details of a house or size of a land with price details but include the information that will be of greater interest to buyers like presence of educational institutions, hospitals, bank and supermarket nearby.
- A perfect property description should also justify the reason why a buyer should buy your property. This can be achieved by mentioning the proposed project implementation in that locality and the possibility of higher return on investment or rental revenue.
Precise Property Specification
- Provide as much as possible details about the property to be sold.
- For instance, a typical property specification of a villa should contain the details about extent of land, building size, age of building, number of bathroom, quality of fittings, flooring, water source, type of electricity connection, garden, lawn, carriage and other amenities.
- Inadequate property specification or ignoring to mention details like gated community, furnished, power backup, club house, etc,not only makes difference in the eyes of a buyer but also impacts the sale probability.
- Most importantly, the property specification needs to be precise and true.
Prepare the property to sell
- The sellers need to keep the property clean and neat as much as possible not only for site visit by buyer or inspection by buyer’s banker but to take photography and display in online property portal attractively.
- As soon as a seller decides to sell a property, it needs to be prepared professionally through careful planning and at a minimum cost.
- If it is a house, repair the civil cracks, touch up paint, repair or replace the faulty locks, taps and electrical items, clean the house including fans, light fittings, wash basins, closets, bath tubs and floors, renovate the front elevation attractively, revamp the garden and lawn, etc in a cheap and best way.
- If it is a land, remove thorny bushes, clean clutter inside the premises, repair the fencing and gate and level the land if required to present it most attractively.
- Preparing a property for sale may cost the seller but considering the increased sale price it can fetch, it will be negligible.
- Preparing property for sale is one of the best ways to sell it quickly in today’s tough real estate market scenario.
Display the property online attractively
- Images speak more than words and it is recommended to add photos as much as possible.
- Provide photos showing different angles or features of a property.
- Don’t provide repetitive photos or photos providing same information.
- Most importantly professionally taken quality photos of the propertyare to be used on portals. If the seller is equipped with skills and appropriate camera or phone,they may take the photos themselves, if not it is best to engage professionals for this purpose.
- Remember to take property photos only after preparing the property for sale.
Provide Video of the Property
- Videos speak more than photos especially in the real estate sector.
- A video is equivalent to a virtual tour of the property and hence it is recommended that sellers provide the property video to increase the probability and speed of sale.
- If the seller is equipped with skills and appropriate camera or phone, they may take the video themselves, if not it is better to engage professionals.
- Most importantly, the video has to be edited properly with voice and subtitles explaining the features of the property foreasy understanding by the buyers.
- Attractive display with quality photos and videos will increase the enquiries since it is the first point of contact with the users of the portal who are the potential buyers.
Price the Property Fairly
- Ultimately, what matters to buyers is the price of the property. Both overpricing and under-pricing will reduce the chances of sale.
- Buyers now-a-days are well informed through online research and can easily identify if the pricing is amiss.
- If the property is underpriced with a intention to liquidate quickly, it may also not sell out due to the reason it will provide suspicion to buyers like hidden litigation in that property.
- It is thus recommended to sellers to do an in-depth market study online and also do physical verification in that locality to fair price their property.
Additional Tips to sell your Property onhills online
All the above mentioned guidanceis applicable to sell a property at hill station too. In addition the following vital tips help to sell hill property online successfully
- In the property description, mention the view from the site, climate in the location, habitation nearby (if it is away from the hill town), major tourist spots nearby and distance from essential facilities like hospital, bank and schools.
- In the property specification, mention about the type of building construction (Stone, Brick or Wooden), wooden flooring, wooden ceiling, chimney or room heater, access way condition, plantation around, terrain shape, drinking water source, care taker room or out house information, etc which are more specific to hill station properties only.
- While preparing the property to sell, remember to keep the access way to the site fit for buyer’s car drive and clean the back yard, lawn and garden.
- Displaying a hill property in an online property portal is meaningless without photography. Use only professionals for this purpose since they will have higher end camera to cover the views at a distance.
- While taking videos of the site, shoot it twice.Once, during clear sky and the other in misty weather for buyers to understand the climate. Most importantly it should cover the 360 degree view from the site, proper access way to site, gradient of the terrain, water source and plantations.
- While pricing the property, one should remember that hill station properties are unique like finger prints and even adjacent properties are not alike in terms of view, plantation, terrain, access, water source, etc. Hence arriving at the hill station property’s value is not possible through online research. The seller must to do his homework to work out the fair price considering various factors, pros & cons of his property which should be justifiable.
The ultimate secrets to sell property online successfully
Secret 1 – Choose the right online property portal
- There are many online property portals available in India.
- A seller needs to understand that all the property portals are not the same. They vary in terms of geography covered, real estate segment catered, operating mechanism, online marketing techniques and support services. Seller need to do a careful study about these factors and choose the right fit to their property.
- For instance, to advertise hill station property online for sale in India, Hills & Wills is the preferred choice of sellers, because it is a property portal exclusive for hill station real estate, with unique features to display a hillproperty more precisely, than any other traditional property portal in India. In addition, it offers support like photo and video shoot, site visit assistance to buyers when sellers live in remote locations from hills, etc. Most importantly they assist the property sellers and NRI to assess the value of their hill property to fix the fair price for it, which is a tough job, and only professionals like Hills & Wills with hill real estate expertise can do.
Secret 2 – Choose the right advertisement or listing plan
- Each online property portal offers multiple ad plans to choose.
- A property listed under Free Ad plans will be always displayed in the bottom of listing beneath thousands of property and visibility of it to potential buyers is by luck only and selling through this plan of advertisement is a rare possibility. It is better to try it for few days and if it doesn’t fetch any lead, the seller must upgrade to a suitable paid plan quickly.
- Each paid plan will have unique features. A seller needs to go through all the plans and understand its concepts and choose the best fit to his property. For instance, if a plan offers extra online promotion by the property portal in addition to displaying it to thousands of its visitors on a prime slot, it is a better choice for quick sale. Similarly, if it is a hill station property, Hills & Wills offers a ‘Pay upon Sale’ kind of revolutionary Ad plan to its sellers which can be a best fit since sellers pay only after property sale.
Secret 3 – Fine tune the online advertisement based on its performance
- Online property portals provide unparalleled features like seller dashboards to monitor the Ad performance and fine tune it during the tenure of Ad with them.
- Fine tuning can be modification of the content to improve attraction of the propertyin the eyes of buyers and most importantlyrefining the property price towards a fair price for quick sale
One final tip, sellers often opt for wrong online advertising strategies or choices, but to achieve their goals it is necessary that they study the online property portals, their ad plans and frame a clear advertising strategy by keeping all the above tips in mind. Otherwise, it will result in waste of advertising efforts and money.